Sunday, August 23, 2009

Perth Rose, Rose

Rose McDonnell is the 2009 Perth Rose. In a website called the Australian Irish Scene there is an extensive article profiling Rose. Among the snippets to be found there; "Rose entered the Rose of Tralee after a long eight years of study and work in the medical industry. “I entered because I wanted to do something for myself and to get to know me,” she said. “I’ve studied and worked for 8 years to get where I am and now that I’m here I have so much more to learn about myself and life and the world in general. I’ve been keen to reconnect with my family and culture for so long and it seemed like the perfect opportunity.”
Read the item here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How can you now know yourself at 26? Sounds a bit fake to me.

Anonymous said...

I thought she was going to win! But then she mentioned she's getting married soon --- isn't that against the rules? But overall she was fantastic. A very smart and genuine girl.

Anonymous said...

I liked her as well...but the rules are that you can not be married during your reign as the Rose Of Tralee and she's getting married in a few weeks...so she never had a chance. Her Rose Center should have known better:)

Anonymous said...

Hmm and she didn't even know the name of the song she was singing? Bit of a name dropper I thought - Gay Byrne didn't look all that impressed!

Anonymous said...

She said that she WANTS to know herself better, not that she DOES know herself.. I think if you are nervous on stage it's pretty natural not to remember a name of a song and what other name drops are you talking about?!