Thursday, May 20, 2010

Cross Girl Is Cavan Rose

Grainne Smyth hails from Cross, which is near Virgina in County Cavan. She has just been selected as the 2010 Cavan Rose.

Sinead Hogan of the Anglo-Celt website has a very large article all about Grainne. Trust me, it is quite comprehensive and worth reading. Perhaps a few quotes to whet your appetite.
'Interestingly, after the Cavan selection night, which was on a Sunday, Grainne spent the Monday morning running the Belfast City Marathon.

"I had been training for the previous three months for it and applying for the Cavan Rose contest was more last minute, so I really wanted to do both. The selection night in the Cavan Crystal was a pretty late night. I got about three hours' kip in before I ran the marathon. The MC, Conor McPhillips, was driving straight back to Belfast that night and I followed him straight back, arrived at my friend's in my dress and my sash at three in the morning, because I was running it with her," recalls Grainne, who went on to reach the finishing line in under five hours '.

Go here to see the entire item.

No comments: