Saturday, July 3, 2010

Philadelphia is Mid-Atlantic

As always, the irishphiladelphia website brings us comprehensive news about matters stateside. The current 2010 Philadelphia Rose has become the 2010 Mid-Atlantic Rose - her name is Mairead Conley.

They carry a full profile of Mairead - I'm sure it is easier to become a Supreme Court Judge. You can find out all about Mairead - her ambitions, aspirations, intellect, social responsibility and Irish heritage.

We will just lift one piece - about Mairead's Irish heritage; "The Conleys are from Ballina in County Mayo. They emigrated to Canada, and were in Newfoundland before coming down into the U.S., into Indiana and Chicago. My mom’s family is from Strabane, County Tyrone, and from Abbeyfeale, County Limerick. We just visited some family there last summer. And it’s really funny because I was actually in Tralee last year, too. I saw the rose gardens and we saw a show at the National Folk Theatre. It never entered my mind that I’d be going back, let alone as a Rose".

More, much more, at http://irishphiladelphia.com/maireadconley .

No comments: