Thursday, May 19, 2011

Erin, Erin bound

Erin Loughran New York Rose
Erin Loughran c/o Irish Central

We learn from Irish Central that Erin Loughran is the 2011 New York Rose. Pretty good Irish name, I think you would agree. What else qualifies Erin? This, from the Irish Central site; "my father Frank immigrated to New York in 1981 from Pomeroy, Co. Tyrone. He is the only member of his family in the United States -- all of his eight brothers and sisters stayed in Ireland. I am extremely grateful to my dad for coming to New York when there was no work in Ireland and making a very good life for himself and my family.
“My mother is from the Bronx and her parents are from north Kerry. I am also forever grateful to my grandparents who came to New York in the 1960s for telling me stories of old Ireland, and passing down their love for Irish music".

Go to Irish Central for a full (and we mean full) interview.

No comments: